Saturday 17 January 2015

MAC Damn Glamorous




MAC Damn Glamorous Matte Lipstick £15.50 - Limited Edition

Debenhams had a sale during early November and I straight away shopped through all the MAC collection and found that they had released a series of limited edition matte lipsticks. Being a huge fan of red lips I immediately added all the red shades to my basket except one which was sold out - I'm slightly devastated truth be told but in the wise words of Celine Dion, the heart will go on.

This shade is a bright pink red with a slightly blue undertone. It's definitely more red than pink but in comparison to the much loved Russian Red for example, it does look like a deep fuchsia colour.
It's completely opaque just as all MAC matte lipsticks are but fortunately it isn't as drying. It's much easier to apply and blend if you wanted to.
I wore this for New Years Eve and it faired well against countless drinks and kisses at midnight. I'd say you could go for at least 5 hours without reapplying or touching up at all. It does also stain the lips which I'm not a huge fan of but apparently is a true test of a good matte lipstick.

I also picked up the shade La Vie En Rouge which is more coral toned red but I made the biggest blogging mistake of using it before I photographed it, would you still be interested in a review?

What's your favourite MAC lipstick shade and formula?



No comments:

Post a Comment