Monday 7 November 2016

Kylie Cosmetics Matte Lip Kits - Leo, Dolce K & Exposed



The newest additions to my ever growing Kylie collection.



Kylie Cosmetics Matte Lip Kits $29

I'm still as in love with these as I am with the first bunch I managed to get my hands on. I love the shades, the formula and how bloody photogenic the packaging is. They are all round pretty fab.


Dolce K
A deep, mauve toned, beige with some pink tones and a warm undertone. Luckily the shade is warm enough that the mauve-y tones don't wash out my pale complexion - winner. It's a pretty universally flattering shade I think and absolutely beautiful for A/W. A great vampy nude (on me anyway) alternative to reds. It lasted for 6 hours on me before it started noticeably wearing away.


Exposed
A light, muted peach based nude with strong brown tones and a warm undertone. Even though it's described as a mid tone beige it really doesn't look like that on me at all. It looks much more like a peach with a lotta brown running through it, which, I actually prefer. It's an unusual shade but surprisingly wearable and I like it a lot. It lasted a pretty long time, around 5 hours, but accentuated all the lines in my lips so obviously that I had to dab a balm over the top at around 3 hours in. It wasn't cute - I can tell ya that for free.


Leo
A true deep burgundy shade with blue undertones. God, it's so beautiful. It's the ultimate A/W shade and the formula is completely dreamy. Unlike Koko K, which is the only other dark shade I own, it's not patchy at all. It has a relatively thin, glossy formula that makes it easy to apply and gets you all the pigmentation you could ever want. It still dries down completely matte but does unfortunately end up being just as uncomfortable as the other shades. It lasted around 5 hours on me before, again, noticeably fading - particularly on the inner parts of my lips.

I am itching to get Maliboo, Moon, Spice and Lovebite. The addiction continues.

Read my other review on these lipsticks - here


Which one's your favourite? Are there any shades you're dying to try?

F I N D  &  F O L L O W  M E  O N 





4 comments:

  1. Love the shades you picked out! Unfortunately, I don't get along with the matte liquid lipstick formula.. Such a shame because she has so many lovely shades in her collection!

    Nicole | The Glam Surge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leo is so nice! I still haven't gotten my hands on these and I don't think I'm that interested compared to some other people!
    Kathy x
    www.alongcamekathy.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look of Exposed - such a lovely shade!

    www.ohsobecky.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous shades I especially like Exposed! I love the colour range of the Kylie Lip Kits there is so many bold shades

    Ronnie
    www.veronicabizzarri.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete