Wednesday 15 June 2016

Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette















l - r; tempera, golden ochre, vermeer, buon fresco, antique bronze, love letter, cyprus umber


l - r; raw sienna, burnt orange, primavera, red ochre, venetian red, warm taupe, realgar


Tempera - A light beige shade with warmer undertones with a satin finish. It's so incredibly smooth and pigmented and it applies beautifully, especially when pressed on and not blended. It works great as a less sheeny inner corner or brow highlight and it wears well for at least 7-8 hours.

Golden Ochre - A muted, medium yellow olive shade with warm undertones and a matte finish. The texture, again, was soft and silky but with some of the matte shades in this palette they tend to be a little dusty in the pan. I haven't experienced any fall out or issues with blending though so I don't think it's that much of a problem. It's still insanely pigmented and lasted for around 7 hours.

Vermeer - A light peach shade with subtle warm undertones. It has a frosty shimmery finish and it is unbelievably gorgeous. It's extremely finely milled but holds pigmentation when applied probably more than any other frosted eyeshadow I've ever used. It does blend out well and still retain some colour but you're going to get much more from this by pressing it on to the lid. The texture is smooth and buttery and it lasted for 7 hours but it did crease on me after around the 5 hour mark.

Buon Fresco - A muted dusty rose shade with a hint of mauve and a matte finish. It's slightly dusty, pigmented to high heaven and has a super silky texture. This colour is so unusual and so equally beautiful. It really isn't something I'd have chosen myself but I do think it fits the palette extremely well and is actually pretty lovely when applied on the eye. It lasted well for 7 hours.

Antique Bronze - A dark red brown shade with strong warm undertones and sheeny finish. One of the most blendable darker shades I have ever used. The finish isn't too overpowering so it leaves you with a bunch of options of how to use it and the texture is smooth and buttery. It lasted well beyond 8 hours without fading or creasing.

Love Letter - A dark berry shade with a neutral undertones and a matte finish. Again, like Golden Ochre this is dusty in the pan but it blends and applies beautifully. It has a silky texture and it lasted for 7 hours. This is another shade I would have veered away from as it's such a vibrant, mostly pink colour but it accompanies a warm eye look so well. It's also just as gorgeous on it's own. 

Cyprus Umber - A deep medium brown with warm undertones and a matte finish. I am so impressed with the darker shades in particular in this palette. They are so finely milled but manage to maintain such a high level of pigmentation when applied and blended as opposed to sheering out to almost nothing. It has a smooth, velvety texture and lasted for 7 hours on me. 

Raw Sienna - A light/medium golden brown with warm undertones and a matte finish. A gorgeous transition shade for a smoky, warm look. It has a silky consistency, blends like a dream and lasted for 7-8 hours on me.

Burnt Orange - A muted medium orange with warm undertones and a matte finish. I am obsessed with this colour. Orange eyeshadows are my thing at the moment and the texture of this and how easy it is to blend is out of this world. It has wonderful pigmentation and lasted for 7-8 hours without fading at all.

Primavera - A light yellow toned gold with warm undertones and frosty finish. This is pretty much identical to Vermeer just obviously a different colour. It's finely milled, so pigmented and just so bloody lovely. It did unfortunately crease on me, just like Vermeer did but I think that's an oily eyelid issue. If you have oily eyelids too, a primer should fix it no problem. It wore for 7 hours on me.

Red Ochre - A muted medium orange red with neutral undertones and a matte finish. This is almost a dark terracotta colour and, surprise surprise, it's beautiful. I love it. It's such a nice alternative to a brown shade but it's not too different, if you know what I mean. It has a silky texture that lasted for 6-7 hours on me before noticeably fading. 

Venetian Red - A medium/dark red shade with some berry tones and subtle warm undertones. It's soft and silky like the other shades but it was a tiny bit patchy on me and the pigmentation was lacking in comparison to the rest of the palette. It's still completely usable but I don't think this can be worn alone on the lid without applying unevenly or sheering out although it does blend fairly well. It lasted for around 7 hours.

Warm Taupe - A medium taupe brown shade with light warm undertones and a matte finish. It's such a great transition shade and blends so ridiculously well. The texture is smooth, has a rich colour pay off and lasted for 7-8 hours.

Realgar - A muted deep orange shade with some brown tones and a warm undertone. It has a semi matte/satin finish with incredible pigmentation. It's completely opaque when patted on but blends well and still holds colour. It's not as dusty as some of the other matte shades in the palette but has the same soft texture. It lasted for around 7 hours. 


This palette is so incredibly BEAUTIFUL I can't even express how much you need it. I don't think I have ever said the word beautiful more times in my life than I have in this post, I either need to learn some new adjectives or it's just because there really isn't another word that will do it justice. 

Warm toned shadows are my absolute favourite. I will always gravitate towards warm browns over cool taupes which is why I am so obsessed with this. The quality of each and every one of these shadows is the best I have ever used. By a mile. They are so pigmented and buttery and blend SO well that I feel spoilt when I use them. Cult Beauty and Beauty Bay both have this in stock today and I would highly suggest you go and buy it immediately.  You won't regret it.

S H O P
-
£41



F I N D  &  F O L L O W  M E  O N 





9 comments:

  1. This palette is so beautiful and I had no idea it existed! I love the look of that matte orange, Realgar, such a unique shade! :) xxx

    Sarah / Sarah Smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's full of unique shades! I think it's so refreshing from all the normal nude shades we get in most other palettes. I love it! xxx

      Delete
  2. I love Anastasia Beverly Hills, so it's no surprise that these look so pigmented and amazing :)

    Claire | Vanity Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I wasn't expecting it to be this good though! xxx

      Delete
  3. I saw pictures of this in the morning and oh my goodness, I need it even more now!

    Parie x
    classandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you do! Go get it girl, it's incredible xxx

      Delete
  4. This palette looks fab! Although the colours are a little out of my comfort zone (reds and oranges "fight" with my skin tone a bit too much), I can see this being a wonderful one for fall. Just imagine that warm taupe and love letter blended on the eye! Loving the post :)

    http://wanderlustgirl-kb.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to get my hands on this palette it looks amazing, I can't believe how pigmented those swatches are!

    Shellie Skillen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the mattes in the palette.. really would love to pick this palette up but can't see myself using it on a day to day basis! xx

    www.veronicabizzarri.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete