Monday 30 May 2016

The Present Primer





I really like Philosophy as a brand. Their shower gels smell like heaven in a bottle but this (dramatic pause) is probably the worst thing I have ever put on my face.



I was on the hunt for a new primer and found this on the Boots website. Call me intrigued, mental or whatever you want, I went in blind and bought it. Eloquently written on the bottle it describes how it smooths wrinkles, minimises pores and leaves your skin looking airbrushed and beautiful all while mattifying to perfection and I call bullshit. 

The texture is similar to that of a moisturiser and requires some serious elbow grease to get in all rubbed in. Then you're meant to leave it a full 2 minutes before applying anything else. When I went to put my foundation on, first of all with my trusty beauty blender, it bunched up, clung desperately and terrifyingly to dry patches that had appeared literally out of thin air and ultimately left me looking like I did when I was 13 and I had just piled on 3 layers of Dream Matte Mousse. Seriously not a good look. Then I tried to buff it out with 2 different kinds of brushes before turning to my hands and in the end had to take everything off and start all over again.

The next day the dry patches it had created stuck around, just adding to the fun experience of using this, and it has taken me 3 full days to get my skin back to normal. 
Usually, I really try to be balanced in reviews but holy jesus I can't recommend something this bad. I'd hate for you to waste £22 too. If you already own it on the other hand, I would LOVE for you tell me what you think and if it does actually work for you, HOW?!

I think I'll just stick to my Porefessional unless you can recommend any other primers I should try.

Shop via Boots;
L I N K


F I N D  &  F O L L O W  M E  O N 





4 comments:

  1. That's so disappointing! Thank you for sharing your honest opinion with us.

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a whole £22 worth of disappointing haha. Thanks for commenting Liz! xxx

      Delete
  2. Wow! Such a shame when products this expensive just don't deliver. I'll definitely remember not to pick this up lol. I've been using the Body Shop's Tea Tree Pore Minimiser recently and it's really refreshing and nice and definitely DOESN'T add to dry patches haha.
    Rebecca | Notes From September
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep meaning to go into The Body Shop! There's a bunch of products I want to try and I'll add that primer to my list. Thanks so much for the recommendation xxx

      Delete