Monday 4 April 2016

Urban Decay x Gwen Stefani Blush Palette







swatches L - R; cherry, easy, angel, lo-fi, hush, oc.



Cherry (blush) -
Light, cool baby pink shade with a very faint sheen but mostly a semi matte finish. The pigmentation is quite sheer but I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing, especially with a colour as potentially bold as this one. It wore wonderfully for 8 hours without fading or becoming patchy.

Easy (blush) -
A medium dusky plum shade with cooler undertones and a gold shimmer running through it. The colour pay off is amazing and I actually found it difficult to control the intensity when applying it. The shimmer is apparent but not overpowering and I think the gold compliments the shade beautifully. It's a gorgeous blush and it lasted for 8 hours on me although the shimmer faded after around 6.

Angel (highlighter) -
A golden nude champagne shade with a frosted sheeny finish. Again, it has incredible pigmentation and a smooth, buttery texture that applies like a dream. It's defnitely not something I would consider using as a blush although it might work that way for someone else. It wore for 6-7 hours on me.

Lo-Fi (bronzer) -
A light warm matte brown bronzer with obvious orange  tones. It has a slightly drier texture in comparison to the other shades in this palette and is noticeably thinner but I didn't have trouble blending it surprisingly. It lasted for 6-7 hours.

Hush (blush) -
A pink toned copper shade with warm undertones and frosted finish. It has quite sheer pigmentation and the formula is lightly powdery which makes it difficult to layer. The texture is still soft and smooth and it doesn't apply blotchy and it wasn't hard to blend at all. Personally this is a bit of a weird one for me. I don't like to have that much shimmer in my blushes but this is far too warm on my skin tone to use as a highlighter so the likeliness of me reaching for this is slim, but you never know I guess!

OC (blush) -
A light peach with warm, yellow undertones and a satin finish. This shade also has a sheeny pink layer to it which Urban Decay describe as a 'shift'. It's such an unusual aspect to have in a blush that I can't say I've ever seen before. To look at the shade in the pan the sheen has a slightly cyan kind of hue to it but applied it catches the light and is obviously pink. Weird, but I like it. The peachy/orange isn't for me though so I won't be wearing this often but it has a gorgeous texture with a semi-sheer colour pay off and it wore for 6 hours on me.


Urban Decay have done it again. They really do have palettes down to an art form and I will continue to add them to my collection for as long as they make them. I'd highly recommend this if you're in the market for some new blushes - it's amazing.



What do you think of this palette? What's your favourite Urban Decay palette?


Shop via Sephora;
L I N K


F I N D  &  F O L L O W  M E  O N 




1 comment:

  1. I love the look of this palette - it looks so pretty and I've never owned a blush palette before! I love the Gwen Stefani packaging so much!! Great post, very informative and in-depth :) xo

    Char | www.charslittleblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete