Monday 11 April 2016

Make Up On Tour - Travel Make Up Bag






I'm off to Berlin on Saturday and I've just started packing all my stuff ready to go. Being a make up hoarder and a beauty blogger has meant that narrowing down my make up collection to travel with is one of the hardest things I've done in a long time. I'm not going to bore you to death and talk through every product so instead I'll give you a run down by category and hopefully that will be make for a shorter post. Hopefully.

Base;
I like to have 2 options for foundations - a more sheer & natural option and a matte, full coverage one. I think that having them both covers you for all situations without being too over the top. Concealers are a little more tricky. I use concealers for a bunch of stuff like colour correcting, brightening and actually concealing blemishes etc so narrowing that down was hard. In the end I decided to take a similar approach to my choice of foundations and bring one from each end of the spectrum. I have a heavy duty one for breakout emergencies and a brightening one for daily make up usage. Choosing blushes is easy because I have so many blush palettes that are perfect for travelling aaaand most of them have a highlighter and bronzer in them too so I'm all good on that front! After much deliberation I narrowed it down to one powder; the MAC Natural Skinfinish. Although it's not great at making my make up last a lifetime it is wonderful at keeping oil under control without making anything look cakey. It's a pretty good all rounder. And lastly, primer. I doubt I'll use this as I hardly ever reach for primer but it's nice to have it if I need it for whatever reason.


Lips & Eyes;
For eyes I'm taking 2 small palettes. I don't think I'll even bother with eye shadow but for nights out it's nice to have them if I want to make a look a little more dramatic. Mascaras were also kind of difficult, I opted for 2 after much consideration - one for bottom and one for top lashes. And for my eyebrows there was only ever one choice; ABH's Brow Wiz (obviously). Last of all is lipsticks! I decided on 3, 2 reds and a pink. I'm a huge red lipstick wearer so it only made sense for me to take at least one but I threw an extra one in my bag "just in case" and the pink is more for variety than anything. I like to be prepared, can you tell?


I guarantee I'll get there and have forgotten a vital part of my make up routine and be completely distraught, but for now, that's all I can think of. Also if you're interested in this adorable wash bag it's from Alphabet Bags, which you can shop here - link, and they have extremely generously hooked you up with 15% off with the code HOORAY15.


If you have any recommendations for things to do, places to eat etc in Berlin if you've been before (or you live there) - please, please let me know!

Are you an excessive make up packer or do you travel light?


F I N D  &  F O L L O W  M E  O N 



p.s- This post is not sponsored and I don't receive anything from you using the codes featured. 

Happy shopping!




4 comments:

  1. I love the colour of your YSL lipstick - what a perfect shade of red :-) I haven't been to Berlin before so can't add much value but from what I've heard all the museums are really good (and free!) so it's definitely and endless possibilities sort of city! Your wash bag is adorable, mine's just a really old one from Bobbi Brown which came free with some products but I gotta wash it out soon... heh heh.

    Cherie | sinonym

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel you girl, I spent a good 20 minutes washing this one earlier haha. Thanks for recommendation, I really appreciate it! xxx

      Delete
  2. Amazing eyeshadows colors! Do you want to be friends with me on bloglovin? If yes, just follow me and I'll follow your blog back ASAP!<3 http://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/anna-alina-3947784

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great eyeshadow palette choices!

    www.ohsobecky.com

    ReplyDelete