Friday 23 October 2015

Naked Skin Beauty Balm



Urban Decay Naked Skin Beauty Balm £23.50 - link

After reading the description of this I was intrigued to see what it actually does. It has a long (long) list of claims like hydrating the skin, blurring imperfections, evens out skin tone and a lot more. I've been using it on and off for around 3 weeks and I'm not completely sold on it, especially as a stand alone base product which it's meant to be.

Out of the tube this is a orangey/peach coloured lightweight liquid but blended, fades into the skin and becomes translucent - the shade is described as universal. It doesn't have any coverage whatsoever and I can't say that I noticed any affects of the "diffused light or high tech pigments" it's described as having but it definitely does smooth the skin and minimizes the appearance of pores and fine lines. It didn't make a noticeable difference in evening out my skin tone, redness I have around my nose and any blemishes were still as visible as before application, but my make up did last longer when I had applied this at an hour or so more of wear. 

Personally I would not feel comfortable wearing this solely as my base despite it being branded a BB cream, I prefer to have some coverage if I'm going to be wearing make up. To me this is much more suited to being a primer in what it does and how I use it and I'd recommend that if you're thinking of buying this consider it more that way but of course that's completely up to you.


Have you tried this? Would you wear a translucent base product?




F I N D  &  F O L L O W  M E  O N 


No comments:

Post a Comment