Wednesday 14 October 2015

My Red Lipstick Collection Part #3 - Darks







Darks
swatches from L-R:
Rimmel 107 £5.49 - link, MAC Diva £15.50 - link, MAC Studded Kiss £15.50 - link, Topshop Beguiled £8 - N/A, YSL 204 £26 - link, Topshop Wicked £8 - N/A, Topshop Trigger £8 - N/A


Well I'm just going to pretend that there wasn't a month in between this part and the previous one. This is the final installment of my red lipstick collection as it currently is and this is my most favourite part - the dark reds. I get the most use out of these without a doubt and I don't limit them to this time of year but they definitely do seem a little more suited to it. I have a whole bunch of these kinds of shades sitting in baskets on various websites, but mainly MAC who am I kidding, so I'll be sure to update this when there are a few new additions to talk about but for now - here's what I'm working with.


Rimmel 107 - Dark red with strong cool blue undertones. It's a semi and comfortable matte finish that lasts 4/5 hours. The formula seems much better than others I have from the range. It's less dry, more opaque and lasts a lot longer on the lips without fading or becoming patchy.

MAC Diva - A deep burgundy red with warm undertones.  It's a semi matte finish that becomes drier throughout wearing it but never becomes uncomfortable. It's completely creamy and completely opaque on application and lasts for a good amount of time at 6-7 hours and leaves a light stain as it fades.

MAC Studded Kiss - A really similar shade to Diva this is also a burgundy red with warm undertones. It's a slightly warmer hue and has brown tones tones running through it. It's, again, a semi matte finish that applies creamy and if you're interested in reading more I wrote a review you can have look at here.

Topshop Beguiled - Warm toned burgundy red. Its a velvet finish with a creamy formula that is opaque in a couple of coats.  Lasts 5-6 hours.

YSL Rouge Pur Couture - The Mats 204 - Definitely the most luxurious in my collection. It applies beautifully smooth and opaque and wears for around 4-5 hours and even then only just starts showing signs of wear. It's a semi matte finish that continues to stay moisturising and comfortable all through wear. It's a warm toned deep red with subtle brown undertones. Full review here.

Topshop Wicked - A deep berry burgundy shade with strong blue undertones. This is, unfortunately, the only berry shade in my collection but it's beautiful and without doubt one of my favourite lipsticks that I own. It's a really flattering shade and one that I get a lot of use of especially around this time of year. It wears well at 4 hours before it starts fading - I have a review of this which you can read if you want to here. It's more of a satin finish than a velvet or semi matte like all the other Topshop lipsticks I own.

Topshop Trigger - A medium - dark true red with subtle blue undertones. It's a velvet finish that takes a couple of coats to be opaque. It has a smooth texture and that lasts around 3 hours before a need to reapply. Full review here.


Do you like dark reds? What's your favourite A/W lipstick?







F I N D  &  F O L L O W  M E  O N 


No comments:

Post a Comment