Monday 4 May 2015

Oily Skin Saviours


Over the years my skin type has transformed from dry to oily so to accommodate it I've bought and tried a whole bunch of products to try and control it. These are 3 of my absolute favourites that I use everyday without fail to help keep the oil at bay.



Mattifying Setting Powders
MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural (Light Plus) £23 - link

This is the newest edition to this trio and on the road to being my favourite powder of all time. I did a whole in depth review of this here but it's basically just a mattifying setting powder which is essential for me if I want my make up to last more than a couple of hours. For a long time the Rimmel Stay Matte powder was my holy grail and if you're on a budget it's a wonderful alternative but the reason I love this so much is because it looks much more natural, as you probably could have guessed from the title. It doesn't look cakey no matter how many layers of this you pile on and it's just a beautiful finish. It's safe to say I'm in love. 



Exfoliators
Urban Veda Radiance Exfoliating Facial Polish £9.99 - link

I'm not sure if exfoliating really is beneficial for oily skin but for me personally it's a vital part of my skin care routine. I've tried a couple of mattifying exfoliators but I just found that they dried my skin out and left it patchy and dehydrated. I tried a sample of this one in a Birchbox early last year and I've been using it ever since. It makes my skin feel clean and refreshed and removes any oil I have on my face before I apply my make up which I don't always a feel cleansers do. I'm really interested in trying some chemical exfoliators in replacement of this so I'll let you know how that goes when I get round to it. If you do have oily skin I'd really recommend trying an exfoliator to help combat it and this one in particular, It's lovely and pretty budget friendly at £9.99.



Make up Setting Sprays
Urban Decay De Slick Setting Spray £21 - link

I love all of the Urban Decay setting sprays and find that all of them work great for me and help my make up stay on for pretty much double the amount of time that it usually would. This one in particular is obviously aimed at oily skin so is best when used on that skin type. I haven't tried any of these from other brands as after reading reviews and having a look around it just seems like none of them compare to the ones from Urban Decay, but if you do have any recommendation feel free to leave a comment. After my I've applied my make up, and sometimes before if I really don't want it to go anywhere, I spray this all over my face and I'm good to go. I still have to use a powder if I want a completely matte look but to get the dewy, natural look most of my foundations are meant to give I'll use this by itself. Having oily skin makes it difficult to get a dewy look without looking shiny so this is a great thing to have if that's the look you want and find it hard to achieve when using a powder.



And that's all of them! Any product that says it's oil free or oil control is going to be your best friend or at least something to try but if you don't always want to stick to those types of products the one's I've just talked about will allow you to use whatever you want and still control the oil and prevent that dreaded shiny look. 


Have you tried any of these products?
Do you have any recommendations of products for oily skin?







No comments:

Post a Comment