Monday 6 April 2015

YSL Rouge Pur Couture - The Mats 204



Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pur Couture The Mats in 204 £26 - link

Oh holy Jesus. I could have taken pictures of this all day and not one of them would have done this lipstick justice. It is BEAUTIFUL ..and cost way more than I'm prepared to pay for a lipstick, but thankfully, my wonderful boyfriend bought me this as a congratulations for reaching (and surpassing) 200 followers. He can be a cutie sometimes.

It took me forever to pick a shade as like I said neither my boyfriend or I have the funds to buy YSL lipsticks whenever we feel the urge (and by we I mean me - I don't think he loves lipsticks quite as much as me) so I wanted to choose one that I could get a lot of use out of. Of course I had to pick one from the matte line, nothing compares as far as I'm concerned, especially when it comes to red lipsticks so after much deliberation, and I literally mean an hour, I eventually settled on 204 which is a bold deep red with warm undertones.

It applies creamy but dries to a velvet finish but not completely matte as the range is supposed to be. That does mean, however, that the moisturising feeling when it's first applied lasts hours into wearing it. It is honestly the most comfortable lipstick I have ever worn. It didn't dry out at all and took 4 solid hours before showing any kind of fading or bleeding. And to top it all off around an hour after application I had my dinner, you'll know this is how I test my red lipsticks if you read my last lipstick post, and it was completely smudge free. To say I was over the moon is an understatement. I might even go out on a limb and say this is the best red lipstick I have ever tried and my new most favourite lipstick of all time. Sorry MAC, you did me well!

It does also stain the lips which I'm not a fan of at all, if my lipstick is gone I just want it gone but I know that some people are happy to hear that a lipstick does that. The packaging is beautiful just as is all of YSL's packaging and I'm just completely besotted with this lipstick.

If you are a red lipstick lover like I am or have the money to treat yourself, go and buy this immediately. You won't regret it.

Have you tried any YSL lipsticks?
I'd also really love to know what your favourite lipstick of all time is - let me know in a comment!




No comments:

Post a Comment