Sunday 26 April 2015

Soap & Glory Thick And Fast Collagen Coat Mascara



Soap & Glory Thick And Fast High Definition Collagen Coat Mascara £10.50 - link

Once upon a time this was one of my favourite mascaras along with the Thick & Fast Super Volume mascara also by Soap & Glory (which I do still like) but after a months and a new tube of this I'm finding it hard to see why I liked it so much.

It's nice for separating lashes and doesn't smudge throughout the day which is great especially considering it's not waterproof, but after using this for a couple of weeks that's really all I've found that I like about it. 

The formula is really wet which means that anything after one coat you're going to be left with spidery lashes that are all stuck together. Usually I'm a massive fan of bristle wands but this brush picks up a lot of product and the shape and size of it of it makes it hard to distribute evenly which just makes your lashes even more clumped together - it's really not a good look. It does add some volume to the lashes and is borderline okay at adding length but in comparison to other mascaras which are cheaper (and more expensive too) it doesn't come close at all and just seems like a complete waste of a tenner. 

I personally love a mascara to give me quite a dramatic look with a lot of thickness and definition which this, again, doesn't do. Because it's not buildable it makes it difficult to use no matter what look you're going for or what you want from a mascara.

I'm not sure if they've changed the formula or if this is just a completely different product from the one I loved a year ago but I was super disappointed with this.



Have you tried this mascara? What do you think?









No comments:

Post a Comment