Thursday 12 February 2015

Topshop Lipstick - Trigger



Topshop Lipstick in Trigger £8 - currently unavailable

Compared to Wicked (the Topshop lipstick I reviewed last week - you can read that here) this is much more of a true deep red. There are still some deep pink and berry undertones but more than anything, it's just good old red.

This is my favourite kind of shade to wear around this time of year. It's a little bit brighter than the likes of Wicked for example, which makes it a great transitional colour from Winter to Spring.
It applies creamy but dries to a velvet finish which is much more my cup of tea. Usually I'll choose a matte look over anything but velvet is close enough and can give a much softer look that definitely looks better sometimes.
This lasts much the same as Wicked does, again 3-4 hours without reapplying. The only overall difference between the 2 actually, apart from the colour, is that this seems to be considerably better at lasting through eating, talking and everything in between. I think that because this lipstick has a velvet finish it has a bit more staying power in comparison.

I hope Topshop bring this shade back and it wasn't limited edition over Christmas. I've been wearing it a lot already and I'll be a little bit heart broken if I can't repurchase it.

If you haven't tried Topshop lipsticks then you're missing out. They're pretty great!


What's your favourite shade for Spring?


No comments:

Post a Comment