Monday 9 February 2015

Movies Worth Watching #1




I'm not completey sure if this is going to be a series I do or not yet but I watch a lot of movies so I thought I'd share some of my recent discoveries and old favourites. If you haven't seen them I'd recommend giving them a try next time you have a couple of hours to spare.


1. A Long Way Down
Is comedy/drama/romance a catageory? Because that's what this film is. It's about 4 complete strangers who try to commit suicide in London on New Year's eve. I know it sounds morbid but it's unexpectedly quirky and entertaining. I watched this a couple of weeks ago on Netflix and really enjoyed it.

2. The Words
I watched this for the first time last year and fell in love with it. Starring Bradley Cooper (no complaints there) this film is about a struggling author who plagiarizes someone else's work and becomes successful from it and just at the epitome of his fame he meets the original writer and hears the meaning behind his words. It really is a great film. I'd recommend it to anyone.

3. Walk The Line
A film based on the lives of Johnny Cash and June Carter. I'm not a massive fan of Johnny Cash and really only watched it for Reese Witherspoon (who is one of my favourite actresses) but after watching it once years ago it is now firmly in my top 10 favourite films of all time. The acting is faultless and surprisingly so is the singing.  Joaquin Phoenix is ridiculously talented and plays the part incredibly. It's a really really really good film - trust me.

4. A Little Bit Of Heaven
I can't tell if this film makes me happy or sad. It definitely makes me want to live my life completely that's for sure. It's about a woman called Marley, played by Kate Hudson who is one of my all time favourites, who discovers she has cancer. The film follows her through her experience of being told she's going to die. Again this sounds pretty sombre but it isn't. It's a great film about life and all the ups and downs it brings.

5. The Heat
I'm a huge fan of both Sandra Bullock and Melissa Mccarthy so putting them together meant that this film was going to be great to me even if it wasn't. Luckily though it is a good film and bloomin' hilarious. It's about 2 female cops from very different backgrounds solving crimes and fighting bad guys.


Let me know if you'd like to see a few more of these posts every now and again!


Have you seen any movies recently that you'd recommend watching?



No comments:

Post a Comment