Tuesday 17 February 2015

MAC Lipstick - La Vie En Rouge



MAC La Vie En Rouge Matte Lipstick £15.50 - Limited Edition

I bought this lipstick at the same time I bought Damn Glamorous which I reviewed here. In that review I said that I made one of the fatal blogging mistakes of using it before I photographed it but the colour is too beautiful not to show you!

Damn Glamorous is a pink red where this is much more on the coral side of things. It's a vibrant and (very) bright red with warm orange undertones. This is the first coral red I've bought and I love it. I think it will look great when Summer finally rolls around and I can see myself wearing it a lot. It's definitely convinced me to expand my red lipstick horizon and try brighter shades and more coral and orange toned reds. 

It's a matte finish exactly the same as Damn Glamorous but this is a lot more creamy in consistency which makes it a dream to apply. It's completely opaque and lasts around 6 hours without any fading. After a few hours it starts to get a little drying on the lips and will smudge if you're eating/drinking but it still lasts a long time looking just as great as when you applied it, and in comparison to any other matte lipsticks I've tried, it's really not that bad at all. All in all another absolute gem of a lipstick from MAC. I'm so glad that I picked up a couple of shades from this matte collection - they've just made me love matte lipsticks even more.

Do you like matte lipsticks? Do you have any orange reds in your collection?



No comments:

Post a Comment