Sunday 4 January 2015

What I'm Watching #1

I am completely addicted to TV shows. I genuinely enjoy nothing more than being in my pyjamas
with a cup of tea watching endless episodes of whatever I'm currently obsessed with. Over the past year I've managed to get through quite a few series and decided to share my favourites with you just in case you have some time to spare/waste.



1. The Vampire Diaries
If you haven't seen this show yet then you're more behind the times than I am and that's saying something. I'd heard about this ages ago and shrugged it off as another american teen drama but, oh my god was I wrong. This is currently around half way through season 6 but the first 4 seasons are available on Netflix. It has vampires, werewolves, hybrids, witches, travellers, hunters and the best looking brothers in TV history. Matt and Jeremy aren't bad either I suppose. The story lines are great and original and I am in love with everything about this show.
Watch it - you won't be disappointed.


2. The Originals
What a beautiful transition. This show is a spin off of The Vampire Diaries solely about the family of original vampires and their home town of New Orleans. Klaus is the main character with his brother Elijah who is constantly fixing his mistakes and saving the day and their sister Rebekah thrown in for emotional outbursts and witty remarks. It's 3 seasons long so far and the first season is available on Netflix.


3. Orange Is The New Black
I'm sure pretty much everyone has watched this by now. It's amazing - so amazing in fact that I devoted a post to it last year just after season 2 came out. It's about a woman called Piper Chapman who is sent to prison for being caught up in a drug smuggling affair whilst in a relationship with her then girlfriend Alex Vause. Who just so ends up being in the same prison.
This show captures every emotion possible and throws it at you in a perfectly executed mess. All of the actors are brilliant and there isn't one episode so far that I've been disappointed by. If you haven't already, go and watch this. Both seasons are available on Netflix.


4. American Horror Story
This is so good I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's the best TV show ever. Feel free to disagree but I don't think anyone can say that this isn't pretty incredible. It's 4 seasons long and currently still on the 4th season which was meant to be the last but there is a season 5 in the works - yay!
Each season has almost the same cast every time with different characters, story line and settings and they are all as equally terrifying and amazing. And by terrifying I mean the story line and situations not so much that the show is actually scary despite the title, so for all of you that hate horror films you should be okay with this one. I'm not making any promises though.
The first 3 seasons are available on Netflix.



And they are all my favourite TV shows that I've watched and loved over the past few months. Of course all of these are well known shows so if you have seen any of them we can fangirl in the comments together.

As for shows that have ended that I've loved I'd recommend;
Lost - Mind numbingly confusing but absolutely brilliant.
The Office U.S - Hilarious, enough said.
Scrubs - My favourite TV show of all time.
Friends - Undoubtedly the best.


What's your favourite TV show?




No comments:

Post a Comment