Saturday 12 July 2014

Review: Jane Iredale Longest Lash Mascara



I mentioned this in one of my what I've bought recently posts a couple of weeks ago and said that this is the most expensive mascara I had ever bought. So, was it worth the money?

I really hate to be the bearer of bad news but I don't think it is. Even for a mascara obsessive like me who could justify spending £100 on a mascara, this is not worth £26.
Let's first talk about what it does do. It achieves a really natural lash look, my lashes were separated well and were coated in a great pigmentation of true black. It also didn't make my lashes crispy which isn't easy to come by in the mascara world but that's it I'm afraid. I don't have anything else good to say about it.

For £26 I'm expecting good things. When I invest in a high end product it does hurt that little bit more when it doesn't live up to it's price tag. The name would suggest that it lengthens your lashes and it does slightly but I have mascaras that are less than half the price of this one that make more of a difference. It also doesn't give any thickness or definition to the lashes which is something I enjoy in a mascara. I personally like my lashes to look similar to the effect you get from false lashes but that isn't something you can expect from this mascara and the same goes for volume.

This is all just my preference and opinion though and I can see lots of people enjoying this for what it is. It just doesn't give me what I want from a mascara and I wouldn't recommend that anyone spends £26 on this, there are so many better mascaras out there for a fraction of the price.


Are there any mascaras that you haven't liked?

Lots of love.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic


P.S If you do want to try this or anything else from LookFantastic I noticed that they had a 10% off code, type in LFNEW when you checkout.


P.P.S Disclaimer, I found the code whilst looking for the link to the product. I do not and will not benefit financially or otherwise from you using it or clicking on the link. Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment